©Tynwald School 2013
Dear Parent/ Guardian
After 13 weeks of work, the staff and the boys and girls certainly look forward to the upcoming five (5) weeks of refreshment and rest.
1. It has been an extremely busy term, with all the functions (Sports Day, Rememberance Day etc.) What has struck me is the level of parental support at these gatherings. It was simply overwhelming. That kind of support only pushes us harder to give you the product you rightly deserve. Your attendance at all these and upcoming school functions is to us a huge vote of confidence in the school.
2. We come back on 7 May 2013 and all children will be expected to be smart in their winter attire without exception.
3. Related to the start of next term is the issue of school fees. The 50% down payment will be enforced strongly with effect from opening day. Where there are genuine cases for exemption is sympathetic ear will be accorded but this must be BEFORE opening day.
(7 May 2013). If we observe this arrangement, there will be no problems between you and the school. When making bank deposits may you clearly state the child’s full name, class and grade. You should also bring a copy of the deposit slip to the school to obtain a school receipt.
4. Kindly be informed that Grade One 2014 enrolment has been closed and 2015 has started with quite a bang. Accordingly, do not come to ask for us to re-open what is basically a done deal. Reception Class 2014 will be done on 15 May and as before it is strictly first come first served. We are looking at 25 pupils with siblings in the school only.
5. Help the boys and girls to have a restful and safe holiday. Of course, they must spare time to do some reading, holiday work etc.
Holiday does not in any way exempt them from learning.
All the best